Health Bloom Inc
Vitamin D3 60 Count
- Vitamin D3 3000 IU
- Hypromellose (Vegetable Capsule)
- Adults: Take 1 (one) capsule per day. Drink with a full glass of water.
Cautions and Warnings:
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, consult a healthcare practitioner prior to use. If you have kidney disease, liver disease or a seizure disorder, consult a healthcare practitioner prior to use.
The Ingredients: General Information and Actions:
- Vitamin D is fat-soluble, naturally present in very few foods and is produced endogenously when sunlight strikes the skin.
- Vitamin D is the only vitamin that is also a hormone.
- Vitamin D promotes calcium absorption in the gut and maintains the adequate calcium and phosphate concentrations in the blood to enable normal mineralization of bones and teeth.
- Vitamin D is needed in bone development and remodeling. Together with calcium, Vitamin D helps protect the elderly from osteoporosis.
- Vitamin D can regulate cell differentiation and growth and may protect against some forms of cancer.
- Vitamin D can modulate the immune system. Higher levels of Vitamin D in the blood have been associated with decreased risk of developing Multiple Sclerosis and Type 1 Diabetes.
- Low serum levels of Vitamin D may be associated with symptoms of depression.
- In children, Vitamin D deficiency causes rickets, which is a softening and weakening of the bones.
- In adults, Vitamin D deficiency can lead to osteomalacia, which causes weak bones and muscles.
- Vitamin D deficiency may be linked to heart disease. Low Vitamin D levels have been associated with higher risks of heart failure, sudden cardiac death, stroke and cardiovascular death.
- Meeker S, Seamons A, Maggio-Price L, Paik J, Protective Links Between Vitamin D, Inflammatory Bowel Disease and Colon Cancer, World J Gastroenterol, 2016 Jan 21; 22(3):933-48.
- Chen S, Sun Y, Agrawal DK, Vitamin D Deficiency and Essential Hypertension, J Am Soc Hypertens, 2015 Nov;9(11):885-901.
- Brincat M, Gambin J, Brincat M, Calleja-Aqius J, The Role of Vitamin D in Osteoporosis, 2015 Mar; 80(3):329-32.
- Pfeffer PE, Mann EH, Hornsby E, Chambers ES, Chen YH, Rice L, Howrylowicz CM, Vitamin D Influences Astmatic Pathology Through Its Action On Diverse Immunological Pathways, Ann Am Thorac Soc. 2014 Dec;11 Suppl 5:S314-21.